Election of officers
- • effective date of incorporation
- • certain annexations prohibited
(1) Not later than the 30th day after an election held under ORS 222.250 (Joint convention of governing bodies), or after an election held under ORS 222.275 (Second election on question of consolidation of certain areas or cities), if such an election is held, the chief elections officer shall call a special election in the consolidated city for the purpose of electing the officers required by the charter adopted by the electors. The election shall be held on a date specified in ORS 221.230 (Election dates) that is not sooner than the 90th day after the date on which the election is called.
(2) The first city officers shall take office on the 10th day following the date on which their elections are proclaimed.
(3) On the date on which the first city officers take office, or at whatever subsequent time the charter of the consolidated city specifies, the city shall be one city, with the rights and privileges conferred by its charter adopted under ORS 222.210 (Authority to consolidate adjoining and nonadjoining cities or territories) to 222.310 (Construction of ORS 222.210 to 222.310) and the laws of this state.
(4) A city incorporated under ORS 222.210 (Authority to consolidate adjoining and nonadjoining cities or territories) to 222.310 (Construction of ORS 222.210 to 222.310) may not exercise the power granted by ORS 222.750 (Annexation of unincorporated territory surrounded by city) as to land surrounded by the corporate limits or boundaries of the city at the time of incorporation. [Amended by 1971 c.761 §8; 1983 c.350 §44]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.