Legislative review of lands zoned for farm and forest use
- • criteria
(1) For the purposes of correcting mapping errors made in the acknowledgment process and updating the designation of farmlands and forestlands for land use planning, a county may conduct a legislative review of lands in the county to determine whether the lands planned and zoned for farm use, forest use or mixed farm and forest use are consistent with the definitions of “agricultural lands” or “forest lands” in goals relating to agricultural lands or forestlands.
(2) A county may undertake the reacknowledgment process authorized by this section only if the Department of Land Conservation and Development approves a work plan, from the county, describing the expected scope of reacknowledgment. The department may condition approval of a work plan for reacknowledgment under this section to reflect the resources needed to complete the review required by ORS 197.659 (Commission approval of certain changes in comprehensive plans or land use regulations) and 215.794 (Review of county rezoning designations). The work plan of the county and the approval of the department are not final orders for purposes of review.
(3) A county that undertakes the reacknowledgment process authorized by this section shall provide an opportunity for all lands planned for farm use, forest use or mixed farm and forest use and all lands subject to an exception under ORS 197.732 (Goal exceptions) to a goal relating to agricultural lands or forestlands to be included in the review.
(4) A county must plan and zone land reviewed under this section:
(a) For farm use if the land meets the definition of “agricultural land” in a goal relating to agricultural lands;
(b) For forest use if the land meets the definition of “forest land” used for comprehensive plan amendments in the goal relating to forestlands;
(c) For mixed farm and forest use if the land meets both definitions;
(d) For nonresource use, consistent with ORS 215.794 (Review of county rezoning designations), if the land does not meet either definition; or
(e) For a use other than farm use or forest use as provided in a goal relating to land use planning process and policy framework and subject to an exception to the appropriate goals under ORS 197.732 (Goal exceptions) (2).
(5) A county may consider the current land use pattern on adjacent and nearby lands in determining whether land meets the appropriate definition. [2009 c.873 §5]
Note: 215.788 (Legislative review of lands zoned for farm and forest use) to 215.794 (Review of county rezoning designations) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 215 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.