- • detailed soils assessment
- • fee
(1) If a person concludes that more detailed soils information than that contained in the Web Soil Survey operated by the United States Natural Resources Conservation Service would assist a county to make a better determination of whether land qualifies as agricultural land, the person must request that the Department of Land Conservation and Development arrange for an assessment of the capability of the land by a professional soil classifier who is:
(a) Certified by and in good standing with the Soil Science Society of America; and
(b) Chosen by the person.
(2) A soils assessment produced under this section is not a public record, as defined in ORS 192.311 (Definitions for ORS 192.311 to 192.478), unless the person requesting the assessment utilizes the assessment in a land use proceeding. If the person decides to utilize a soils assessment produced under this section in a land use proceeding, the person shall inform the Department of Land Conservation and Development and consent to the release by the department of certified copies of all assessments produced under this section regarding the land to the local government conducting the land use proceeding. The department:
(a) Shall review soils assessments prepared under this section.
(b) May not disclose a soils assessment prior to its utilization in a land use proceeding as described in this subsection without written consent of the person paying the fee for the assessment.
(c) Shall release to the local government conducting a land use proceeding all soils assessments produced under this section regarding land to which the land use proceeding applies.
(3) Before arranging for a soils assessment under this section, the department shall charge and collect from the person requesting the assessment a fee in an amount intended to meet the costs of the department to assess the soils and administer this section.
(4) The department shall deposit fees collected under this section in the Soils Assessment Fund established under ORS 215.212 (Soils Assessment Fund).
(5) This section authorizes a person to obtain additional information for use in the determination of whether land qualifies as agricultural land, but this section does not otherwise affect the process by which a county determines whether land qualifies as agricultural land. [2010 c.44 §1; 2013 c.1 §22]
Note: 215.211 (Agricultural land) and 215.212 (Soils Assessment Fund) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 215 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.