Membership of planning commission
(1) The county planning commission shall consist of five, seven or nine members appointed by the governing body for four-year terms, or until their respective successors are appointed and qualified; provided that in the first instance the terms of the initial members shall be staggered for one, two, three and four years.
(2) A commission member may be removed by the governing body, after hearing, for misconduct or nonperformance of duty.
(3) Any vacancy on the commission shall be filled by the governing body for the unexpired term.
(4) Members of the commission shall serve without compensation other than reimbursement for duly authorized expenses.
(5) Members of a commission shall be residents of the various geographic areas of the county. No more than two voting members shall be engaged principally in the buying, selling or developing of real estate for profit, as individuals, or be members of any partnership or officers or employees of any corporation that is engaged principally in the buying, selling or developing of real estate for profit. No more than two voting members shall be engaged in the same kind of occupation, business, trade or profession.
(6) The governing body may designate one or more officers of the county to be nonvoting members of the commission.
(7) Except for subsection (5) of this section, the governing body may provide by ordinance for alternative rules to those specified in this section. [Amended by 1963 c.619 §2; 1973 c.552 §2; 1977 c.766 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.