County compensation board
- • members
- • compensation review and recommendations
(1) Each county governing body shall appoint a county compensation board. A county compensation board shall consist of from three to five members, who are knowledgeable in personnel and compensation management.
(2) The county compensation board shall annually recommend a compensation schedule for the county elective officers mentioned in ORS 204.005 (Election or appointment of county officers).
(3) The county compensation board shall annually review the compensation paid to persons comparably employed by the State of Oregon, local public bodies and private businesses within a labor market deemed appropriate by the board for each elective officer. The county compensation board shall take into account such factors as the number of employees supervised and the size of the budget administered by each elective officer, the duties and responsibilities of each elective officer, and the compensation paid to subordinates and other appointed employees who serve in positions of comparable management responsibility. The county compensation board shall prepare and approve by majority vote a recommended compensation schedule for the elective officers and shall submit the recommended compensation schedule to the county governing body.
(4) Notwithstanding subsections (1) to (3) of this section, the sheriff’s salary shall be fixed in an amount which is not less than that for any member of the sheriff’s department. [1989 c.941 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.