Definitions for ORS 98.810 to 98.818, 98.830, 98.835 and 98.840
As used in this section and ORS 98.810 (Unauthorized parking of vehicle on proscribed property prohibited) to 98.818 (Preference of lien), 98.830 (Towing abandoned vehicle from private property), 98.835 (Immunity from civil liability for towing abandoned vehicle) and 98.840 (Towing vehicle alternative to procedure in ORS 98.810 to 98.818):
(1) Owner of a parking facility means:
(a) The owner, lessee or person in lawful possession of a private parking facility; or
(b) Any officer or agency of this state with authority to control or operate a parking facility.
(2) Owner of proscribed property means the owner, lessee or person in lawful possession of proscribed property.
(3) Parking facility means any property used for vehicle parking.
(4) Proscribed property means any part of private property:
(a) Where a reasonable person would conclude that parking is not normally permitted at all or where a land use regulation prohibits parking; or
(b) That is used primarily for parking at a dwelling unit. As used in this paragraph, dwelling unit means a single-family residential dwelling or a duplex.
(5) Tower means a person issued a towing business certificate under ORS 822.205 (Certificate).
(6) Vehicle has the meaning given that term in ORS 801.590 (Vehicle). [1979 c.100 §2; 1981 c.861 §23; 1983 c.436 §2; 2007 c.538 §9]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information