Publication of budget summary, financial summary, statement of accounting basis and notices of meeting and availability of budget document
Publication of budget summary, financial summary, statement of accounting basis, and notices of meeting and availability of budget document. Except as provided in ORS 294.418 (Alternative budget publication procedure), there shall be published, as provided in ORS 294.421 (Manner of publication):
(1) A summary of the budget as approved by the budget committee and compared with the actual expenditures and budget resources of the preceding year or preceding budget period and the budget summary of the current year or current budget period in accordance with forms prescribed by the Department of Revenue in the manner provided in ORS 294.413 (Format for notices and summaries). The summary shall be of sufficient detail to inform the citizens of the municipal corporation of the proposed financial plan for the ensuing year or ensuing budget period. As a minimum requirement, the personnel services, the major expense items under materials and services and capital outlay for each organizational unit or activity of each fund and the major items for debt service, special payments, and operating contingencies for each fund shall be listed separately. The summary shall show the major items of budget resources. As used in this subsection, the term "program" may be substituted for the term "organizational unit" for municipal corporations which prepare program budgets.
(2) The financial summary prepared under ORS 294.386 (Financial summary) for the ensuing year or ensuing budget period and for the current year or current budget period.
(3) A notice of the time and place at which the budget document as approved by the budget committee may be discussed with the governing body.
(4) A statement that the budget is prepared in accordance with the basis of accounting used in the preceding year or preceding budget period unless a change in the basis of accounting is anticipated. If a change in the basis of accounting is to be made, there shall be an explanation of the change and the effects of the change.
(5) A notice of the place where the complete budget document is available for inspection by the general public during regular business hours and where copies of the complete budget document may be obtained. [Formerly 294.360; 1965 c.451 §7; 1971 c.516 §3; 1979 c.686 §6; 1997 c.308 §17; 2001 c.135 §14]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.