Cancellation of contract by purchaser
- • notice of right to cancel
(1) Any membership camping contract may be canceled at the option of the purchaser, if:
(a) The purchaser sends notice of the cancellation by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the membership camping operator; and
(b) The notice is posted not later than midnight of the third business day following the day on which the membership camping contract is signed.
(2) In addition to the cancellation right established in subsection (1) of this section, any purchaser who signs a membership camping contract without inspecting a campground or facility with camping sites or proposed camping sites may, after making an inspection, cancel the membership camping contract by posting a notice by certified mail, return receipt requested, not later than midnight of the sixth business day following the day on which the membership camping contract is signed. In computing the number of business days, the day on which the membership camping contract was signed, Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays shall not be included as a "business day." The membership camping operator shall promptly refund any money or other consideration paid by the purchaser upon receipt of timely notice of cancellation by the purchaser.
(3) Every membership camping contract shall include the following statement in at least 10-point type immediately before the space for the purchaser’s signature:
Purchaser’s Right To Cancel: You may cancel this membership camping contract without any cancellation fee or other penalty by sending notice of cancellation by certified mail, return receipt requested, to _____ (insert name and mailing address of membership camping operator). The notice must be postmarked by midnight of the third business day following the day on which the membership camping contract is signed. In computing the three business days, the day on which the membership camping contract is signed shall not be included as a "business day," nor shall Saturday, Sunday or legal holidays be included.
(4) If the purchaser has not inspected a campground or facility at which camping sites are located or planned, the notice must contain the following additional language:
If you sign this membership camping contract without having first inspected the property at which camping sites are located or planned, you may also cancel this membership camping contract by giving this notice within six business days following the day on which you signed if you inspect such a property prior to sending the notice.
(5) No act of a purchaser shall be effective to waive the right of cancellation granted by subsection (1) or (2) of this section. [1985 c.639 §11]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.