Filing notice of lien
- • duration of lien
- • contents of notice
- • notice to secured parties
- • effect of failure to give notice to secured parties
(1) A lien created under ORS 87.755 (Grain producer's lien) expires no later than the end of the 180th day after the date the lien attaches, unless the agricultural producer extends the lien by filing a notice of lien as provided in this section. If the agricultural producer extends the lien, the lien expires no later than 18 months after the date the lien attaches.
(2) At any time prior to expiration of the initial lien period, an agricultural producer may extend a lien created under ORS 87.755 (Grain producer's lien) by filing a notice of lien with the Secretary of State. The notice must be supported by affidavit and contain:
(a) A true statement of the demand of the agricultural producer after deducting all credits and offsets;
(b) The name of the person that purchased the grain from the producer;
(c) A description of the grain delivered or transferred by the producer sufficient to identify the basis for the lien;
(d) A statement that the amount claimed is a true and bona fide existing debt as of the date of filing the notice of lien;
(e) The date payment to the producer was originally due; and
(f) Such other information as the Secretary of State may require.
(3) If an agricultural producer files a notice of lien under this section, the producer shall send notice to all persons that have filed a financing statement under ORS chapter 79 that perfects a security interest in all or part of the inventory of the purchaser or the proceeds from the sale of the inventory. The notice to the secured parties must provide the same information contained in the notice required by subsection (2) of this section and be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested.
(4) The agricultural producer must send notice to other persons as required by subsection (3) of this section no later than the 20th day after filing the notice of lien. If the agricultural producer does not send a person notice within the required time, the lien created under ORS 87.755 (Grain producer's lien) becomes subordinate to that person’s perfected security interest in the inventory or proceeds of the purchaser.
(5) Notwithstanding ORS 174.120 (Computation of time), for purposes of this section and ORS 87.772 (Expiration of lien for failure to bring timely foreclosure action) and 87.777 (Filing certificate of lien satisfaction upon payment for grain), if the last day of the period for performing an act is a Saturday, or a legal holiday as specified in ORS 187.010 (Legal holidays) and 187.020 (Additional legal holidays), the period runs until the end of the next day that is not a Saturday or legal holiday. [1981 c.446 §4; 2001 c.301 §19]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.