Definitions for ORS 87.228 and 87.700 to 87.736
As used in ORS 87.228 (Effect on agricultural services lien when payment for produce is made prior to filing of lien claim) and 87.700 (Definitions for ORS 87.228 and 87.700 to 87.736) to 87.736 (Form of notices filed under ORS 87.710 and certificates filed under ORS 87.735), unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Agricultural produce" means horticultural products, viticultural products, fruit, berries, vegetables, hops, mint oil, hazelnuts or other nuts, dairy products, bee products, vermiculture products, hay or straw baled and prepared for market, meat animals and Christmas trees as defined in ORS 571.505 (Definitions for ORS 571.510 to 571.580).
(2) "Agricultural producer" means a person that engages in or has engaged in the business of growing or producing agricultural produce for market or for delivery or transfer to others owning or holding title to the produce. "Agricultural producer" includes a landowner, producer, landlord, tenant, sharecropper or other person who participates in the growing of agricultural produce and receives a share of the produce.
(3) "Meat animal" has the meaning for that term provided in ORS 603.010 (Definitions).
(4) "Person" means individual, corporation, partnership, association, joint stock company, trust, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, cooperative, government entity, unincorporated organization or other business entity.
(5) "Purchaser" does not include a cooperative organized and operating under ORS chapter 62, including a foreign cooperative authorized to do business in this state under ORS chapter 60, if the agricultural producer is a member of the cooperative.
(6) "Security interest" has the meaning given that term in ORS 71.2010 (General definitions) (37). [1973 c.647 §2; 1975 c.703 §6; 1999 c.612 §1; 2001 c.301 §10; 2005 c.657 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.