Definitions for ORS 87.685 to 87.693
As used in ORS 87.685 (Definitions for ORS 87.685 to 87.693) to 87.693 (ORS 87.687 as exclusive law for creating lien), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Default" means the failure to perform in a timely manner any obligation or duty set forth in the rental agreement.
(2) "Last known address" means the address provided by the occupant in the latest rental agreement or the address provided by the occupant in a subsequent written notice of a change of address.
(3) "Occupant" means a person or a sublessee, successor or assignee of the person who is entitled, under a rental agreement, to the exclusive use of specified storage space at a self-service storage facility.
(4) "Owner" means the owner, operator, lessor or sublessor of a self-service storage facility or an agent or any other person authorized by the owner, operator, lessor or sublessor to manage the facility or to receive rent from an occupant under a rental agreement.
(5) "Personal property" means movable property not affixed to land and includes, but is not limited to, goods, merchandise, household items and watercraft.
(6) "Rental agreement" means any written agreement or lease that establishes or modifies the terms, conditions, rules or any other provisions concerning the use and occupancy of a self-service storage facility.
(7) "Self-service storage facility" means any real property designed and used for the purpose of renting or leasing individual storage space to occupants who are to have access to the storage space for the purpose of storing and removing personal property. The term does not include a warehouse or other facility used for storage of personal property and at which a warehouse receipt, bill of lading or other document of title covering the personal property is issued under ORS chapter 77 by the warehouseman or other person operating the facility. The term "self-service storage facility" does not include real property used for residential purposes. [1997 c.374 §2]
Note: 87.685 (Definitions for ORS 87.685 to 87.693) to 87.695 (Short title) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 87 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.