Director of Oregon Department of Aviation
- • appointment
- • duties and powers
(1) The Governor shall appoint the Director of the Oregon Department of Aviation, subject to confirmation by the Senate pursuant to ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation), who holds office at the pleasure of the Governor.
(2) Subject to policy direction by the State Aviation Board, the director shall:
(a) Be the administrative head of the department;
(b) Have power, within applicable budgetary limitations, and in accordance with ORS chapter 240, to hire, assign, reassign and coordinate personnel of the department and prescribe their duties and fix their compensation, subject to the State Personnel Relations Law;
(c) Administer the laws of the state concerning aviation; and
(d) Intervene, as authorized by the board, pursuant to the rules of practice and procedure, in the proceedings of state and federal agencies that may substantially affect the interests of the consumers and providers of aviation services within Oregon.
(3) In addition to duties otherwise required by law, the director shall prescribe regulations for the government of the department, the conduct of its employees, the assignment and performance of its business and the custody, use and preservation of its records, papers and property in a manner consistent with applicable law.
(4) The director may delegate to any of the employees of the department the exercise or discharge in the director’s name of any duty, function or power of whatever character, vested in or imposed by law upon the director, including duties, functions or powers delegated to the director by the board. The official act of any person acting in the director’s name and by the authority of the director shall be considered to be an official act of the director.
(5) The director shall have authority to require a fidelity bond of any officer or employee of the department who has charge of, handles or has access to any state money or property, and who is not otherwise required by law to give a bond. The amounts of the bonds shall be fixed by the director, except as otherwise provided by law, and the sureties shall be approved by the director. The department shall pay the premiums on the bonds.
(6) The director shall prepare and submit to the board on or about December 31 of each year an annual report for the 12 months ending the prior June 30. The annual report shall set forth all that the department has done during the year. The report shall contain a statement of the parts of the state aviation system that were constructed, reconstructed or improved during the period, together with a statement showing in a general way the status of the state aviation system. [1999 c.935 §3; 2007 c.768 §62]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.