Definitions for ORS 830.060 to 830.145 and 830.700 to 830.870
As used in ORS 830.060 (Consistency with federal law) to 830.145 (Disposition of fines), 830.700 (Definitions for ORS 830.060 to 830.145 and 830.700 to 830.870) to 830.715 (Record of certificates and numbers), 830.725 (Distribution of lists of owners), 830.730 (False information prohibited), 830.770 (Certificate of number required on boat), 830.780 (Identifying number on forward half of boat), 830.785 (Application for boat number), 830.795 (Issuance of certificate of number and validation stickers) to 830.820 (Duplicate certificates or validation stickers) and 830.830 (Dealer or boat manufacturer number) to 830.870 (Duplicate certificate), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Boat" means every description of watercraft used or capable of being used as a means of transportation on the water, but does not include aircraft equipped to land on water, boathouses, floating homes, air mattresses, beach and water toys or single inner tubes.
(2) "Boathouse" means a covered structure on floats or piles used for the protected moorage of boats.
(3) "Dealer" means a person who engages wholly or in part in the business of buying, selling or exchanging boats, floating homes or boathouses, either outright or on conditional sale, bailment lease, chattel mortgage or otherwise.
(4) "Floating home" means a moored structure that is secured to a pier or pilings and is used primarily as a domicile and not as a boat.
(5) "Operate" means to navigate or otherwise use a boat on water.
(6) "Owner" means a person or persons who have a property interest other than a security interest in a boat, floating home or boathouse and the right of use or possession of the boat, floating house or boathouse, but does not include a lessee.
(7) "Ownership" means a property interest other than a security interest.
(8) "Security interest" means an interest reserved or created by agreement which secures payment or performance of an obligation as more particularly defined by ORS 71.2010 (General definitions) (37).
(9) "State of principal use" means the state on whose waters a boat is used or to be used during most of a calendar year. [Formerly 488.705; 1999 c.59 §251]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information