Telephone solicitation sale
- • contract
- • contents
(1) Except as provided in this section, no enforceable agreement may be formed by a telephone solicitation sale.
(2) To form a binding agreement by telephone solicitation sale, the seller must receive from the buyer a signed, written contract that contains all of the terms of the agreement between the seller and the buyer. The seller must provide a copy of the completed contract to the buyer.
(3) Any term or agreement between a buyer and seller in a telephone solicitation sale is void and unenforceable unless it is contained in the contract required by subsection (2) of this section.
(4) A contract required by subsection (2) of this section shall contain the following notice on a separate sheet that contains no other provision:
This contract is a contract made pursuant to a telephone solicitation sale regulated by Oregon Revised Statutes 83.710 (Definitions for ORS 83.710 to 83.750) to 83.750 (Rights and duties of buyer upon cancellation of sale or revocation of offer to purchase). The person offering to buy goods or services under this contract understands that:
(1) No discussions or agreements between the buyer and the person offering to sell goods or services formed a binding agreement except as provided by this contract;
(2) There is no binding agreement between the buyer and seller until the seller receives a copy of this contract signed by the buyer; and
(3) All of the terms of the agreement between the buyer and the seller are contained, in writing, in this contract.
[1979 c.503 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.