Registration for certain vehicles subject to weight mile tax and not otherwise registered
(1) The owner of a vehicle that is subject to the tax imposed under ORS 825.474 (Motor carrier tax for use of highways) and that is not registered under the proportional registration provisions of this chapter and is not registered in any other jurisdiction shall register the vehicle with the Department of Transportation if the vehicle is to be operated in this state. Registration under this section is in lieu of registration under ORS chapter 803.
(2) The department shall determine the form of application for registration and renewal of registration and may require any information that it determines necessary to facilitate the registration process.
(3) A vehicle registered under this section is subject to the insurance requirements of ORS 825.160 (Liability insurance of carriers) and not to the financial responsibility requirements of ORS chapter 806. Certification of compliance with financial responsibility requirements as specified in ORS 803.460 (Certification or other proof of compliance with financial responsibility requirements) is not required for renewal of registration of a vehicle under this section.
(4) A vehicle registered under this section shall be deemed to be fully registered in this state for any type of movement or operation, except that in those instances in which a grant of authority is required for intrastate movement or operation, no such vehicle shall be operated in intrastate commerce in this state unless the owner thereof has been granted intrastate authority or right by the department and unless the vehicle is being operated in conformity with such authority and rights.
(5) A vehicle may be registered under this section prior to a certificate of title being issued for the vehicle but nothing in this section affects any requirement that a certificate of title be issued. [Formerly 768.029; 1997 c.249 §269]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information