- • fee
- • period of validity
- • rules
(1) Except as otherwise permitted under ORS 825.470 (Temporary pass), the Department of Transportation shall issue a receipt stating the combined weight of each self-propelled or motor-driven vehicle and any train or combination of vehicles to be used therewith.
(2) A person may not load any motor vehicle in excess of its combined weight permit rating thus determined except as variations may necessarily result in passenger loading. A fee of $8 shall be paid to the department for each weight receipt issued.
(3) Receipts issued under this section shall be valid from the first day of any calendar quarter to the last day of the fourth consecutive calendar quarter. Each carrier may select the calendar quarter in which the period will begin except that, if necessary for administrative convenience, the department may require a carrier to adopt a starting date chosen by the department.
(4) All vehicles operating under the carrier’s authority shall have the same four-quarter period of receipt validity. The department may allow a carrier to operate with expired receipts for up to one extra quarter if the renewal application has been submitted and the required fees have been paid on or before the last day of the period of validity of the receipt. The extension of time allowed by this subsection shall be granted only if the department determines that the extension is necessary for the administrative convenience of the department.
(5) The department may adopt rules necessary to administer the provisions of this section. [Formerly 767.775; 2001 c.567 §1; 2003 c.618 §50; 2007 c.465 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information