Grounds for denial, suspension, revocation or refusal of certificate
The Department of Transportation may deny or refuse to issue any towing business certificate under ORS 822.205 (Certificate) or may suspend, revoke or refuse to renew any towing business certificate issued upon proof that the applicant for or holder of the certificate has done any of the following:
(1) Used fraud or deception in securing the certificate.
(2) Received in any manner or by any device any rebate or other additional fee for towing or recovery from a person who performs repairs on a vehicle who does not also own the vehicle. This subsection does not prohibit the payment of the towing fee by a person who performs repairs on a vehicle if the fee is included in the charges by that person for repairs on the vehicle.
(3) Used vehicles for the purposes of towing or recovering services that did not meet the minimum safety standards established by the department.
(4) Failed to display special towing business registration plates, stickers or indicia or identification devices for proportionally registered tow vehicles authorized under ORS 805.200 (Plates and other devices with special designs) on each vehicle used to tow or recover vehicles.
(5) Failed to maintain the amounts and types of insurance required to qualify for issuance of a towing business certificate under ORS 822.205 (Certificate).
(6) Failed to obtain any permits or authority required under any provision of ORS chapter 825 or rules adopted thereunder.
(7) Violated any provision of ORS 98.854 (Prohibitions placed on tower of vehicles) or 98.858 (Right of owner or person in lawful possession of vehicle to redeem vehicle, contact tower and obtain property of emergency nature) or a rule adopted under ORS 98.864 (Rules). [1983 c.338 §814; 1991 c.284 §30; 1993 c.741 §145; 2007 c.538 §17]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information