Imposition of sanctions
- • rules
(1) The Department of Transportation may impose sanctions on any person holding a dismantler certificate issued under ORS 822.110 (Dismantler certificate) or identification card issued under ORS 822.125 (Privileges granted by certificate) if the department determines at any time for due cause that any of the following have occurred:
(a) The person holding the certificate has failed to comply with any requirements for registration of vehicles under the vehicle code.
(b) The person holding the certificate has violated ORS 803.140 (Application), 819.012 (Failure to follow procedures for a totaled vehicle), 819.016 (When salvage title required), 819.040 (Illegal salvage procedures) or 822.135 (Improperly conducting motor vehicle dismantling business).
(c) The person holding the certificate has caused or suffered or is permitting the unlawful use of the dismantler certificate.
(d) The person holding the certificate has violated any regulation adopted under ORS 822.135 (Improperly conducting motor vehicle dismantling business).
(e) The person holding the certificate has failed to allow the department to conduct inspections as provided under ORS 822.130 (Inspection of books, records, inventory and premises).
(f) The person holding an identification card has unlawfully used or permitted unlawful use of the card.
(2) The department shall cancel or suspend any dismantler certificate immediately:
(a) Upon receipt of legal notice that the bond described under ORS 822.120 (Bond or letter of credit requirements) is canceled; or
(b) For failure to pay any penalty imposed under ORS 822.135 (Improperly conducting motor vehicle dismantling business) or 822.137 (Dismantler conduct resulting in civil penalty).
(3) Upon revocation, cancellation or suspension of a dismantler certificate or identification card under this section, the department shall recall and demand the return of the certificate or identification card.
(4) If the department has reason to believe that a person has engaged in or is engaging in any activity prohibited under ORS 822.100 (Conducting a motor vehicle dismantling business without a certificate), the department may issue an order directed at the person to cease the activity.
(5) The department shall adopt rules establishing sanctions authorized by subsection (1) of this section. [1983 c.338 §808; 1985 c.16 §409; 1985 c.176 §4; 1987 c.261 §9b; 1991 c.820 §19; 1991 c.873 §51; 2005 c.654 §15; 2007 c.683 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information