Procedures for civil penalties imposed under ORS 822.009
- • disposition of moneys
(1) Civil penalties under ORS 822.009 (Civil penalties for violations of statutes or rules) shall be imposed in the manner provided in ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures).
(2) An application for a hearing on a civil penalty imposed under ORS 822.009 (Civil penalties for violations of statutes or rules):
(a) Must be in writing;
(b) Must be postmarked or received by the Department of Transportation within 20 days from the date of service of the notice provided for in ORS 183.745 (Civil penalty procedures);
(c) Must state the name and address of the person requesting a hearing; and
(d) Must state the action being contested.
(3) Hearings on civil penalties imposed under ORS 822.009 (Civil penalties for violations of statutes or rules) shall be conducted by an administrative law judge assigned from the Office of Administrative Hearings established under ORS 183.605 (Office of Administrative Hearings).
(4) The department may, at its option, assign any unpaid civil penalty to the Department of Revenue for collection. The Department of Revenue shall deduct reasonable expenses from any amounts collected.
(5) All civil penalties received under ORS 822.009 (Civil penalties for violations of statutes or rules) shall be paid into the State Treasury each month and credited to the Department of Transportation Operating Fund established by ORS 184.642 (Department of Transportation Operating Fund) (1) and (2). [1991 c.541 §§5,11; 1993 c.741 §87; 1999 c.849 §§199,200; 2001 c.820 §§7,8; 2003 c.75 §70; 2003 c.655 §§135,136]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information