- • qualifications
- • duration
- • certificate
- • rules
(1) The Department of Transportation shall issue snowmobile registration to a qualified owner. To qualify for issuance of registration under this section:
(a) The owner must complete the application in the manner and in a form the department prescribes.
(b) The application shall state the name and address of each owner of the snowmobile to be registered.
(c) The application shall contain proof of title.
(d) The fee established under ORS 821.320 (Snowmobile registration and permit fees) for registration of a snowmobile must be paid.
(2) Dealers issued certificates under ORS 822.020 (Issuance of certificate) who sell snowmobiles shall accept application and fees for registration from each purchaser of a new or used snowmobile that is required to be registered in this state. The department shall adopt rules for the implementation of this subsection.
(4) Snowmobile registration and renewal of registration are valid for a period of two years after which time the registration expires.
(5) Upon qualification for registration, the department shall do the following:
(a) Register the snowmobile.
(b) Assign a registration number to the snowmobile. The registration number assigned at the time of original registration shall remain with that vehicle until the vehicle is destroyed, abandoned or permanently removed from this state, or until changed or terminated by the department.
(c) Issue and deliver to the registered owner a certificate of registration in a form to be determined by the department.
(d) At the time of original registration and at the time of each subsequent renewal thereof, issue to the registrant a date tag or tags indicating the validity of the current registration and the expiration date thereof.
(6) A snowmobile registration is not valid unless a validating tag and current registration certificate have been issued.
(7) The department shall provide procedures necessary for renewal of snowmobile registration consistent with this section and ORS 821.110 (Failure to renew snowmobile registration) and 821.320 (Snowmobile registration and permit fees).
(8) The department may adopt rules specifying additional requirements and procedures for registration of snowmobiles. Requirements and procedures adopted under this subsection shall be designed to assure that except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the registration of snowmobiles is administered in the same manner and has the same effect as the registration of vehicles under ORS chapter 803. [1983 c.338 §716; 1985 c.16 §348; 1985 c.459 §9; 1987 c.217 §9; 1987 c.261 §12; 1989 c.991 §8; 1993 c.751 §80; 1995 c.774 §17; 1999 c.977 §28]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.