Fire department warning lights
Each of the following is authorized for fire department warning lights:
(1) Fire department vehicle warning lights may be red or a combination of red and white.
(2) Fire department vehicles may use an approved headlight flashing system as authorized by ORS 816.050 (Headlights).
(3) Fire department vehicles may have a forward facing flashing white light for the purpose of operating a traffic signal preemption device.
(4) Fire department vehicles may show a flashing or revolving green light when operating as the command post in emergency incidents.
(5) Fire department emergency response vehicle lights may be any color allowed for police lights under ORS 816.250 (Police lights). [1991 c.769 §5; 1997 c.492 §6]
Note: 816.285 (Fire department warning lights) was added to and made a part of ORS chapter 816 by legislative action but was not added to any smaller series therein. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information