(1) As used in this section, "auxiliary lights" means low beam auxiliary lights.
(2) When auxiliary lights are used in combination with headlights, the combination of lights shall be arranged on the vehicle so that the selection between distributions of light projected to different elevations may be selected by the driver at will or so that the selection can be made automatically.
(3) Auxiliary lights shall be wired in accordance with rules adopted by the Department of Transportation.
(4) Auxiliary lights shall be mounted, adjusted and aimed in accordance with rules adopted by the department.
(5) Auxiliary lights mounted on a vehicle for highway use shall be mounted at a height of 54 inches or less above the level surface upon which the vehicle stands. Auxiliary lights mounted higher than 54 inches are subject to any limitation on use under ORS 811.515 (When lights must be displayed) and 811.520 (Unlawful use or failure to use lights).
(6) Auxiliary lights and any part for such light that tends to change the original design or performance must be of a type that complies with standards adopted by the department under ORS 816.010 (Authority to adopt and enforce standards for lighting equipment).
(7) Auxiliary lights shall show a white light forward. [1983 c.338 §458 (3); 1985 c.16 §240 (3); 1985 c.69 §1 (3); 1985 c.71 §4 (3); 1985 c.393 §13 (3); 1985 c.420 §6 (3); 2003 c.158 §21]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information