Operation of vehicle that violates equipment rules
- • penalty
(1) A person commits the offense of operation of a vehicle that violates state equipment administrative rules if the person drives or moves on any highway or owns and causes or knowingly permits to be driven or moved on any highway a vehicle if the vehicle or any equipment on the vehicle:
(a) Does not conform to standards established by the Department of Transportation by rule under ORS 815.030 (State vehicle equipment standards); and
(b) Does not bear thereon proof of certification that it complies with the applicable standards.
(2) Proof of certification required under this section may be made in any manner provided under ORS 815.030 (State vehicle equipment standards).
(3) This section is subject to the exemptions from this section established under ORS 815.105 (Exemptions from equipment requirements).
(4) Vehicle equipment standards established by rule under ORS 815.030 (State vehicle equipment standards) supersede any other equipment standards under the vehicle code when so provided by ORS 815.030 (State vehicle equipment standards).
(5) The offense described under this section, operation of vehicle that violates state equipment administrative rules, is a Class C traffic violation. [1983 c.338 §466; 1985 c.16 §244; 1985 c.393 §16]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information