Implied consent to urine test
- • privacy
- • laboratories for analysis
(1) Any person who operates a motor vehicle upon premises open to the public or the highways of this state shall be deemed to have given consent, subject to the Motorist Implied Consent Law, to a chemical test of the person’s urine for the purpose of determining the presence of a controlled substance or an inhalant in the person’s body if the person is arrested for driving while under the influence of intoxicants in violation of ORS 813.010 (Driving under the influence of intoxicants) or of a municipal ordinance and either:
(a) The person takes the breath test described in ORS 813.100 (Implied consent to breath or blood test) and the test discloses a blood alcohol content of less than 0.08 percent; or
(b) The person is involved in an accident resulting in injury or property damage. A urine test may be requested under this paragraph regardless of whether a breath test has been requested and regardless of the results of a breath test, if one is taken.
(2) A police officer may not request a urine test unless the officer is certified by the Board on Public Safety Standards and Training as having completed at least eight hours of training in recognition of drug impaired driving and the officer has a reasonable suspicion that the person arrested has been driving while under the influence of a controlled substance, an inhalant or any combination of an inhalant, a controlled substance and intoxicating liquor.
(3) A person asked to give a urine sample shall be given privacy and may not be observed by a police officer when producing the sample.
(4) A chemical analysis of a person’s urine under this section shall be performed in an accredited or licensed toxicology laboratory. [1995 c.676 §1; 1999 c.619 §10; 1999 c.752 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information