Failure to file after accident
- • penalty
(1) A person commits the offense of failure to make a future responsibility filing after an accident if the person is the owner or driver of a vehicle that is in any manner involved in an accident that is required to be reported under ORS 811.720 (When accident must be reported) and the person does not make a future responsibility filing within 30 days after the filing of the accident report required under ORS 811.725 (Driver failure to report accident).
(2) Exemptions from this section are established under ORS 806.210 (Exemption from requirement to file after accident).
(3) The employer of a driver is subject to the requirements and penalties under this section if the driver is an employee exempted from this section under ORS 806.210 (Exemption from requirement to file after accident). If an employer is subject to this section, the registration of the employer’s vehicles may be suspended as provided under ORS 809.050 (Revocation or suspension of registration of employer for failure to make future responsibility filing).
(4) In addition to any other penalties under this section, violation of this section subjects the violator to suspension of driving privileges as provided under ORS 809.415 (Suspensions for conduct involving judgments, financial responsibility, dishonesty).
(5) The offense described in this section, failure to make a future responsibility filing after an accident, is a Class B traffic violation. [1983 c.338 §855; 1985 c.393 §63; 2003 c.402 §14]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information