Exemptions from financial responsibility requirements
This section provides exemptions from the necessity for compliance with or proof of compliance with financial responsibility requirements in accident reports under ORS 811.725 (Driver failure to report accident), when applying for vehicle registration under ORS 803.370 (Contents of application) or 803.460 (Certification or other proof of compliance with financial responsibility requirements) and for operating a vehicle under ORS 806.010 (Driving uninsured prohibited). The owner or operator of a vehicle is exempt, as provided by this section, from financial responsibility requirements if the vehicle involved in the accident, sought to be registered or operated is any of the following:
(1) An antique motor vehicle issued permanent registration under ORS 805.010 (Antique vehicles).
(2) A farm trailer.
(3) A farm tractor.
(4) An implement of husbandry.
(5) A motor vehicle of special interest that is maintained as a collector’s item and used for exhibitions, parades, club activities and similar uses, but not used primarily for the transportation of persons or property.
(6) A snowmobile, Class I or Class III all-terrain vehicle.
(7) Any motor vehicle when the owner of the vehicle has submitted to the Department of Transportation a statement, in such form as may be required by the department, declaring that the vehicle is continuously not being operated on the highways of this state and explaining the reasons therefor. A person who falsely certifies under this subsection is subject to penalty under ORS 806.030 (False certification of exemption from financial responsibility).
(8) A motor assisted scooter.
(9) An electric personal assistive mobility device. [1983 c.338 §838; 1985 c.16 §423; 1987 c.217 §4; 1989 c.991 §32; 1993 c.751 §99; 2001 c.749 §22; 2003 c.341 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information