Registration of government-owned vehicles
Except as otherwise provided by this section, ORS 805.045 (Regular registration for certain government-owned vehicles) and 805.060 (Law enforcement undercover vehicles), vehicles that are owned and operated by this state, cities, counties or other political subdivisions of this state or by the government of a federally recognized Indian tribe in this state are subject to the same requirements and provisions for registration as are other vehicles. For purposes of this section, a vehicle that is operated under a lease or lease-purchase agreement by any of the governments specified in this section is a government-owned vehicle. The following requirements and provisions apply to government-owned vehicles:
(1) The registration period for vehicles subject to this section shall be an ownership registration period as described under ORS 803.400 (Duration of registration periods) except that the registration shall continue to be valid if ownership of the vehicle is transferred to another government agency.
(2) The fee for registration of the vehicles shall be the fee for registration of government-owned vehicles established under ORS 803.420 (Registration fees), and no other registration fee shall be required.
(3) Any vehicle registered under this section and not exempted under ORS 815.300 (Exemptions from requirement to be equipped with pollution control system) must meet the requirements for certification of compliance with pollution control under ORS 815.310 (Proof of compliance with requirements).
(4) Vehicles described in this section that are school buses or activity vehicles may be registered as provided in ORS 805.050 (School buses and school activity vehicles) in lieu of registration under this section, if the vehicles qualify for registration under ORS 805.050 (School buses and school activity vehicles).
(5) For purposes of this section, vehicles owned by the government of a federally recognized Indian tribe in this state are government-owned vehicles. [1983 c.338 §243; 1985 c.16 §91; 1985 c.148 §1; 1985 c.547 §14; 1987 c.440 §5; 1993 c.741 §123]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information