- • fees
The Department of Transportation shall issue and deliver to the owner registration plates according to the following:
(1) Registration plates shall be issued upon filing of application for registration and payment of the appropriate registration and registration plate fees unless the department has just cause for refusing to register a vehicle or unless otherwise provided in this section.
(2) If an application for title or registration is for a vehicle that is subject to the provisions of ORS 803.210 (Conditions precedent to issuance of title for certain vehicles), the department may issue a permit described under ORS 803.615 (Temporary permit for registration applicant) while the department is determining all facts relative to the applicant’s right to receive title and may issue registration plates along with the title.
(3) Before issuance of registration plates, the department must receive the manufacturing and reflectorizing fee for the registration plates. If the registration plate is a special plate authorized under ORS 805.200 (Plates and other devices with special designs), the fees for the registration plate issuance are as described in ORS 805.250 (Fees for special plates).
(4) Except as otherwise authorized by ORS 805.200 (Plates and other devices with special designs), registration plates issued shall be as described in ORS 803.535 (Size, form, material, color, design, contents).
(5) The department shall issue the number of plates appropriate under ORS 803.525 (Number of plates issued) and any stickers provided under ORS 803.555 (Replacement). [1983 c.338 §257; 1985 c.16 §99; 1987 c.146 §8; 1987 c.572 §6; 1993 c.233 §50; 1993 c.741 §119]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information