(1) Any telecommunications utility violating ORS 759.260 (Unjust discrimination in rates) commits a Class A violation, and upon conviction the court shall impose a fine of not less than $100. Violation of ORS 759.260 (Unjust discrimination in rates) by an officer or agent of a telecommunications utility is a Class D violation.
(2) Any person violating ORS 759.275 (Undue preferences and prejudices) shall, upon conviction, forfeit and pay to the State Treasurer not less than $100 and not more than $10,000 for each offense. Violation of ORS 759.275 (Undue preferences and prejudices) by any agent or officer of any telecommunications utility or person is punishable, upon conviction, by a fine of not less than $100 and not more than $1,000 for each offense.
(3) Violation of ORS 759.280 (Soliciting or accepting rebates or special advantage) is a Class A violation.
(4) Violation of ORS 759.355 (Issuance or use of proceeds contrary to commission order) is punishable, upon conviction, by a fine of not less than $500 nor more than $20,000 for each offense.
(5) Violation of ORS 759.360 (Prohibited acts regarding issuance of securities) is a felony and is punishable, upon conviction, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $20,000, or by imprisonment in the penitentiary for not less than one nor more than five years, or both.
(6) A telecommunications carrier, as defined in ORS 759.400 (Definitions), shall forfeit a sum of not less than $100 nor more than $50,000 for each time that the carrier:
(a) Violates any statute administered by the Public Utility Commission;
(b) Commits any prohibited act, or fails to perform any duty enjoined upon the carrier by the commission;
(c) Fails to obey any lawful requirement or order made by the commission; or
(d) Fails to obey any judgment made by any court upon the application of the commission.
(7) In construing and enforcing subsection (6) of this section, the act, omission or failure of any officer, agent or other person acting on behalf of or employed by a telecommunications carrier and acting within the scope of the person’s employment shall in every case be deemed to be the act, omission or failure of such telecommunications carrier.
(8) Except when provided by law that a penalty, fine, forfeiture or other sum be paid to the aggrieved party, all penalties, fines, forfeitures or other sums collected or paid under subsection (6) of this section shall be paid into the General Fund and credited to the Public Utility Commission Account. [1987 c.447 §52; 1999 c.1051 §225; 1999 c.1093 §39; 2003 c.576 §563]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information