Underground utility facility operators required to subscribe to center
- • liability for damage from excavation for nonsubscribers
- • exemption
(1) Every operator of underground facilities shall subscribe to the Oregon Utility Notification Center.
(2) Any person intending to excavate shall notify the Oregon Utility Notification Center at least two but not more than 10 business days before commencing an excavation. The board of directors shall, by rule, provide an exception to the requirement of advance notice for excavators in cases that involve an immediate danger to life or property, or a customer service outage. The board may adopt additional exceptions as the board, in its discretion, determines necessary.
(3) Nonsubscribing operators of underground facilities shall be responsible to all injured parties for all costs associated with damages to such facilities, loss of product or service or damages that occur as a result of excavation where the facilities damaged are under the control of the nonsubscribing operator and proper notice was given to the Oregon Utility Notification Center.
(4) The provisions of this section shall not apply to operators of underground facilities that are located entirely on private property and that provide services exclusively for the use of residents or owners of the property. [1995 c.691 §4; 2001 c.104 §294]
Note: See note under 757.542 (Definitions).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.