Definitions for ORS 757.270 to 757.290
(1) "Attachment" means any wire or cable for the transmission of intelligence by telegraph, telephone or television (including cable television), light waves, or other phenomena, or for the transmission of electricity for light, heat or power, and any related device, apparatus, or auxiliary equipment, installed upon any pole or in any telegraph, telephone, electrical, cable television or communications right of way, duct, conduit, manhole or handhole or other similar facility or facilities owned or controlled, in whole or in part, by one or more public utility, telecommunications utility or consumer-owned utility.
(2) "Consumer-owned utility" means a people’s utility district organized under ORS chapter 261, a municipal utility organized under ORS chapter 225 or an electric cooperative organized under ORS chapter 62.
(3) "Licensee" means any person, firm, corporation, partnership, company, association, joint stock association or cooperatively organized association that is authorized to construct attachments upon, along, under or across the public ways.
(4) "Public utility" has the meaning for that term provided in ORS 757.005 (Definitions), and does not include any entity cooperatively organized or owned by federal, state or local government, or a subdivision of state or local government.
(5) "Telecommunications utility" has the meaning for that term provided in ORS 759.005 (Definitions), and does not include any entity cooperatively organized or owned by federal, state or local government or a subdivision of state or local government. [1979 c.356 §2; 1989 c.5 §4; 1999 c.832 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.