Definitions for ORS 750.505 to 750.715
(1) "Legal expense organization" or "organization" means any person or group of persons who provide or offer to provide a legal expense plan, including any person who acts as its administrator.
(2) "Legal expense plan" or "plan" means the agreement between an organization and a person or a group of persons whereby legal services are to be provided to the person or group of persons as members, or whereby the persons as members are to be reimbursed for charges incurred for legal services, in consideration of a specified payment.
(3) "Member" means a person who is eligible to receive legal services under a legal expense plan.
(4) "Membership agreement" means the written evidence of coverage of a member under a plan between an organization and members.
(5) "Provider agreement" means a written contract or agreement between an organization and a providing attorney for the rendering of legal services to a member or group of persons.
(6) "Providing attorney" means any attorney licensed and in good standing in this state who provides legal services pursuant to the membership agreement.
(7) "Sales or marketing representative" means any person who markets or solicits members for or on behalf of a plan. [1989 c.331 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information