Assignment of proceeds
(1) As used in this section, "proceeds of a letter of credit" means the cash, check, accepted draft or other item of value paid or delivered upon honor or giving of value by the issuer or any nominated person under the letter of credit. "Proceeds of a letter of credit" does not include a beneficiary’s drawing rights or documents presented by the beneficiary.
(2) A beneficiary may assign its right to part or all of the proceeds of a letter of credit. The beneficiary may do so before presentation as a present assignment of its right to receive proceeds contingent upon its compliance with the terms and conditions of the letter of credit.
(3) An issuer or nominated person need not recognize an assignment of proceeds of a letter of credit until it consents to the assignment.
(4) An issuer or nominated person has no obligation to give or withhold its consent to an assignment of proceeds of a letter of credit, but consent may not be unreasonably withheld if the assignee possesses and exhibits the letter of credit and presentation of the letter of credit is a condition to honor.
(5) Rights of a transferee beneficiary or nominated person are independent of the beneficiary’s assignment of the proceeds of a letter of credit and are superior to the assignee’s right to the proceeds.
(6) Neither the rights recognized by this section between an assignee and an issuer, transferee beneficiary or nominated person nor the issuer’s or nominated person’s payment of proceeds of a letter of credit to an assignee or a third person affect the rights between the assignee and any person other than the issuer, transferee beneficiary or nominated person. The mode of creating and perfecting a security interest in or granting an assignment of a beneficiary’s rights to proceeds is governed by ORS chapter 79 or other law. Against persons other than the issuer, transferee beneficiary or nominated person, the rights and obligations arising upon the creation of a security interest or other assignment of a beneficiary’s right to proceeds and its perfection are governed by ORS chapter 79 or other law. [1961 c.726 §75.1140 (Assignment of proceeds); 1985 c.676 §75.1140 (Assignment of proceeds); 1993 c.545 §120; 1995 c.328 §68; 1997 c.150 §17]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information