Genetic tests and information
- • rules
(1) If a person asks an applicant for insurance to take a genetic test in connection with an application for insurance, the use of the test shall be revealed to the applicant and the person shall obtain the specific authorization of the applicant using a form adopted by the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services by rule.
(2) A person may not use favorable genetic information to induce the purchase of insurance.
(3) A person may not use genetic information to reject, deny, limit, cancel, refuse to renew, increase the rates of, affect the terms and conditions of or otherwise affect any policy for hospital or medical expenses.
(4) A person may not use genetic information about a blood relative to reject, deny, limit, cancel, refuse to renew, increase the rates of, affect the terms and conditions of or otherwise affect any policy of insurance.
(5) For purposes of this section, "blood relative," "genetic information" and "genetic test" have the meanings given those terms in ORS 192.531 (Definitions for ORS 192.531 to 192.549). [1995 c.680 §8; 2001 c.588 §17]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.