Prohibitions on actions of reinsurance intermediary managers
A reinsurance intermediary manager may not do any of the following:
(1) Cede retrocessions on behalf of the reinsurer that the reinsurance intermediary manager represents, except that the reinsurance intermediary manager may cede facultative retrocessions pursuant to obligatory facultative agreements if the contract with the reinsurer contains reinsurance underwriting guidelines for the retrocessions. The guidelines must include:
(a) A list of reinsurers with which the automatic agreements are in effect;
(b) For each such reinsurer, the coverages and amounts or percentages that may be reinsured; and
(c) For each such reinsurer, the commission schedules.
(2) Commit the reinsurer to participate in reinsurance syndicates.
(3) Appoint an insurance producer, reinsurance intermediary broker or reinsurance intermediary manager without assuring that the insurance producer, reinsurance intermediary broker or reinsurance intermediary manager is lawfully licensed to transact the type of reinsurance for which the appointment is made.
(4) Without prior approval of the reinsurer, pay or commit the reinsurer to pay a claim, net of retrocessions, that exceeds the lesser of an amount specified by the reinsurer or one percent of the combined capital and surplus of the reinsurer as of December 31 of the last complete calendar year.
(5) Collect any payment from a retrocessionaire or commit the reinsurer to any claim settlement with a retrocessionaire, without prior approval of the reinsurer. If prior approval is given, the reinsurance intermediary manager must promptly forward a report to the reinsurer.
(6) Jointly employ an individual who is employed by the reinsurer, unless the reinsurance intermediary manager is under common control with the reinsurer subject to ORS 732.517 (Purpose of ORS 732.517 to 732.546) to 732.592 (Recovery from parent corporation or holding company if domestic insurer ordered into liquidation or rehabilitation).
(7) Appoint a reinsurance subintermediary manager. [1993 c.447 §80; 2003 c.364 §33]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.