Definitions for ORS 735.700 to 735.714
As used in ORS 735.700 (Definitions for ORS 735.700 to 735.714) to 735.714 (Renewal of health benefit plans for small employers), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Carrier" means an insurance company or health care service contractor holding a valid certificate of authority from the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services, or two or more companies or contractors acting together pursuant to a joint venture, partnership or other joint means of operation.
(2) "Eligible employee" means an employee of an employer who is employed by the employer for an average of at least 17.5 hours per week who elects to participate in one of the group benefit plans provided through action of the Office of Private Health Partnerships, and sole proprietors, business partners, and limited partners. The term does not include individuals:
(a) Engaged as independent contractors.
(b) Whose periods of employment are on an intermittent or irregular basis.
(c) Who have been employed by the employer for a period of time established by the employer or for fewer than 90 days, whichever is less.
(3) "Family member" means an eligible employee’s spouse, any unmarried child or stepchild within age limits and other conditions imposed by the office with regard to unmarried children or stepchildren, or any other dependents eligible under the terms of the health benefit plan selected by the employee’s employer.
(4) "Health benefit plan" means a contract for group medical, surgical, hospital or any other remedial care recognized by state law and related services and supplies.
(5) "Premium" means the monthly or other periodic charge for a health benefit plan.
(6) "Small employer" means a person, firm, corporation, partnership or association actively engaged in business that, on at least 50 percent of its working days during the preceding year, employed no more than 50 eligible employees and no fewer than two eligible employees, the majority of whom are employed within this state, and in which a bona fide partnership or employer-employee relationship exists. "Small employer" includes corporations that are eligible to file a consolidated tax return pursuant to ORS 317.715 (Tax return of corporation in affiliated group making consolidated federal return). [Formerly 653.705; 2003 c.742 §§1,6; 2005 c.238 §§1,2; 2005 c.262 §§1,2; 2005 c.727 §§1,2; 2005 c.744 §§14,15]
Note: 735.700 (Definitions for ORS 735.700 to 735.714) to 735.714 (Renewal of health benefit plans for small employers) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 735 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.