Places of business
- • fee
- • rules
- • mobile facilities
(1) A credit union may establish a place of business or change the credit union’s place of business within this state upon written notice to the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services.
(2) A credit union may establish additional places of business upon written application to the director. The application shall be accompanied by a fee in an amount that the director sets by rule. The fee shall be paid only with applications for the establishment of new places of business. Except as provided in subsection (3) of this section, mobile facilities described in subsection (3) of this section are considered new places of business. The fee is not required to be paid with applications relating to the acquisition or relocation of existing places of business. The director may approve or disapprove the application. If the director does not disapprove an application within 30 days after a completed application is received, the application shall be considered approved.
(3) A credit union may establish one or more mobile facilities to engage in credit union operations. Mobile facilities of a credit union having the membership described in ORS 723.172 (Credit union membership) (2)(a) may operate in this state or in other states. Mobile facilities of a credit union having the membership described in ORS 723.172 (Credit union membership) (2)(b) may operate only within the well-defined local community, neighborhood or rural district served by the credit union. An application and fee are not required under this section for mobile facilities that exercise permissible credit union powers or engage in permissible credit union activities but that do not accept deposits.
(4) The director may limit or restrict the ability of a credit union to establish additional places of business upon written notice to the credit union if the director determines that the safety and soundness of the credit union would be adversely affected by any addition.
(5) A credit union may share office space with one or more credit unions and contract with any person or corporation to provide facilities or personnel. [1975 c.652 §8; 1977 c.135 §44; 1991 c.635 §3; 1997 c.832 §1; 1999 c.185 §55; 2005 c.95 §1; 2007 c.343 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information