Definitions for ORS 72.8010 to 72.8200
(1) "Consumer good" means a new consumer good as defined in ORS 79.0102 (UCC 9-102. Definitions and index of definitions) and includes, but is not limited to, a new motor vehicle, new manufactured dwelling, new modular home, new machine, new appliance or new like product used or bought for use primarily for personal family or household purposes. However, "consumer good" does not include a soft good or a consumable.
(2) "Buyer" or "retail buyer" means any person who buys a consumer good from a person engaged in the business of manufacturing, distributing or selling consumer goods at retail.
(3) "Manufacturer" means any person who manufactures, assembles or produces consumer goods.
(4) "Distributor" means any person who stands between the manufacturer and the retail seller in purchases, consignments or contracts for sale of consumer goods.
(5) "Retail seller," "seller" or "retailer" means a person who engages in the business of selling consumer goods to retail buyers.
(6) "Soft good" means any pliable product substantially composed of woven material, natural or synthetic yarn or fiber, textile or similar product.
(7) "Consumable" means any product which is intended for consumption by individuals, or use by individuals for purposes of personal care or in the performance of services ordinarily rendered within the household, and which usually is consumed or expended in the course of such consumption or use.
(8) "Implied warranty of merchantability" of a consumer good or "implied warranty that a consumer good is merchantable" is a warranty that the consumer good:
(a) Passes without objection in the trade under the contract description;
(b) Is fit for the ordinary purposes for which the good is used;
(c) Is adequately contained, packaged and labeled; and
(d) Conforms to the promises or affirmations of fact made on the container or label.
(9) "Implied warranty of fitness" means that when the retailer, distributor or manufacturer has reason to know any particular purpose for which the consumer good is required, and further, that the buyer is relying on the skill and judgment of the seller to select and furnish a suitable good, then there is an implied warranty that the good shall be fit for such purpose. [1973 c.413 §1; 2001 c.445 §140]
Note: 72.8010 (Definitions for ORS 72.8010 to 72.8200) to 72.8200 (Operative dates) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 72 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information