Right to purchase, hold and dispose of real and personal property
An institution may purchase, hold, convey, sell or lease:
(1) The real estate and improvements thereto in which the business of the institution is carried on, including, with its offices, other space in the same building to rent as a source of income.
(2) Furniture, fixtures, vaults, safe deposit boxes and other personal property necessary or convenient to carrying on the business of the institution.
(3) Real or personal property purchased by or conveyed to the institution in satisfaction of or on account of debts previously contracted in the course of its business, or otherwise acquired in the course of collecting debts.
(4) Real estate purchased at execution sale or under a judgment.
(5) Real estate conveyed to the institution in connection with its purchase of a bona fide contract of sale covering the real estate conveyed.
(6) Real estate purchased with the approval of the Director of the Department of Consumer and Business Services for the purpose of future location or expansion of the business of the institution.
(7) Real estate held in trust and real estate purchased with assets other than those of the institution. [1997 c.631 §131; 2003 c.576 §545]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information