- • term
- • removal
- • vacancies
- • compensation and expenses
(1) The members of the Environmental Health Registration Board appointed by the Governor shall be appointed from among the residents of this state and shall have the following qualifications and terms of office:
(a) One shall be a physician licensed to practice medicine or surgery by the Oregon Medical Board who has an emphasis in public health.
(b) Four shall be persons registered under this chapter who have at least four years of experience in environmental sanitation.
(c) One shall be a representative of the food or food and alcoholic beverage retail industry.
(d) One shall be a public member.
(2) Each successor to the members first appointed by the Governor and each successor to the members first appointed by the Governor under subsection (1)(c) and (d) of this section shall hold office for a term of three years to commence on July 1 following the expiration of the term of a predecessor.
(3) Any vacancy among the seven members appointed by the Governor shall be filled for the unexpired term by appointment by the Governor.
(4) Any member of the Environmental Health Registration Board may be removed by the Governor for misconduct, incapacity or neglect of duty or inability to serve.
(5) The members of the board are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions), to be paid from the Environmental Health Registration Account. [Amended by 1967 c.476 §15; 1969 c.314 §100; 1971 c.650 §43; 1983 c.189 §7; 1987 c.158 §147; 1997 c.249 §213; 2003 c.547 §108; 2005 c.648 §117]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.