Persons not required to register
The provisions of ORS 700.020 (Registration required) (2) do not apply to:
(1) Any person teaching, lecturing or engaging in research in environmental sanitation but only in so far as such activities are performed as part of an academic position in a college or university.
(2) Any person who is a sanitary engineer, public health engineer or registered professional engineer.
(3) Any public health officer employed pursuant to ORS 431.035 (Authority of Director of Human Services to delegate functions) to 431.530 (Authority of local health administrator in emergency) and 431.705 (Definitions for ORS 431.705 to 431.760) to 431.990 (Penalties).
(4) Any person employed by a federal governmental agency but only at such times as the person is carrying out the functions of employment.
(5) Any person who holds a doctorate in veterinary medicine.
(6) The performances of such duties as meat inspection, produce inspection, bee inspection, grain warehouse inspection, landscaping, gardening, plumbing, septic tank or cesspool installation or insect and rodent poison application.
(7) Any employee of the Department of Environmental Quality other than an on-site waste water disposal employee.
(8) Any person employed by a local government, or its agents, while employed in a job that did not require registration under ORS 700.020 (Registration required) as of October 4, 1997. [1967 c.476 §4; 1991 c.563 §2; 1997 c.528 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.