As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Board" means the Environmental Health Registration Board, established within the Oregon Health Licensing Agency.
(2) "Certified professional soil scientist" means a person registered in good standing with the American Registry of Certified Professionals in Agronomy, Crops and Soils.
(3) "Environmental health specialist" means a person who by education, training and experience in the sanitary, biological and physical sciences is qualified to perform duties in environmental sanitation, including but not limited to scientific investigation and education and counseling in environmental sanitation.
(4) "Environmental health specialist trainee" means a person who lacks the combination of training, education and experience required for a registered environmental health specialist, but who is engaged in meeting the requirements.
(5) "Environmental sanitation" means the art and science of applying sanitary, biological and physical science principles and knowledge to improve and control the environment and factors therein for the protection of the health and welfare of the public.
(6) "Registrant" means any person registered with the agency under this chapter.
(7) "Registration" means written authorization issued under ORS 700.030 (Qualifications of environmental health specialist applicant) or 700.053 (Qualifications of waste water specialist applicant) for the holder to perform duties in the fields of environmental sanitation or waste water sanitation.
(8) "Science courses relating to environmental sanitation" include courses in public or community health or in sanitary, biological or physical sciences.
(9) "Trainee registration" means written authorization issued under ORS 700.035 (Registration of environmental health specialist trainees) or 700.062 (Waste water specialist trainee registration) for the holder to perform duties as an environmental health specialist trainee or as a waste water specialist trainee.
(10) "Waste water specialist" means a person who by education, training and experience in the sanitary, biological and physical sciences is qualified to perform duties in the field of waste water treatment, disposal and reuse where soil is used in the final stage of the treatment process.
(11) "Waste water specialist trainee" means a person who lacks the combination of training, education and experience required for a registered waste water specialist, but who is engaged in the process of meeting the requirements. [Amended by 1967 c.476 §1; 1971 c.650 §41; 1983 c.189 §9; 1995 c.572 §1; 1999 c.885 §34; 2003 c.547 §91; 2005 c.648 §104]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.