Advancement of education and research
- • Oregon Real Estate News Journal
- • content as to disciplinary actions
(1) Pursuant to ORS 696.385 (Power of agency) (2), the Real Estate Agency shall provide for the advancement of education and research in connection with the educational requirements for the securing of licenses for real estate licensees under ORS 696.010 (Definitions) to 696.495 (Revolving fund), 696.600 (Definitions for ORS 696.392, 696.600 to 696.785 and 696.995) to 696.785 (Commissioner duties when illegal commingling of funds found), 696.800 (Definitions) to 696.870 (Duties of real estate licensee under ORS 105.462 to 105.490, 696.301 and 696.870) and 696.995 (Civil penalties for violation of ORS 696.603, 696.606 or 696.612).
(2) The Real Estate Commissioner may assign and reassign staff in the agency to perform such duties as the commissioner considers necessary to carry out subsection (1) of this section, including but not limited to the preparation and distribution of a periodic publication to be known as the Oregon Real Estate News Journal and the preparation and publication of other printed matter of an educational nature for the benefit of real estate licensees.
(3) The commissioner shall publish in the Oregon Real Estate News Journal the names and addresses of all applicants for real estate or escrow licenses whose licenses have been refused, of real estate licensees who have been reprimanded, of real estate and escrow licensees whose licenses have been suspended or revoked and of real estate and escrow licensees who have been assessed civil penalties. Each such publication shall include a brief description of the situation involved and the grounds for the commissioner’s action. [1974 c.26 §5; 1975 c.746 §28; 1977 c.649 §48; 1981 c.617 §19; 1983 c.258 §8; 2001 c.300 §64]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.