Power of agency
- • rulemaking procedures
The Real Estate Agency shall have the power to:
(1) Adopt a seal by which it shall authenticate its proceedings.
(2) From time to time, prepare and cause to be printed and circulated among the real estate licensees of Oregon such printed matter as it may deem helpful or educational or proper for the guidance and welfare of such licensees.
(3) Make and enforce any and all such reasonable rules as shall be deemed necessary to administer and enforce the provisions of, and enforce and discharge the duties defined in, any law with the administration or enforcement of which the agency is charged.
(4) Except as provided in subsection (5) of this section, when the agency proposes to adopt, amend or repeal a rule concerning real estate licensees, the agency shall:
(a) Submit a copy of the proposed rule to the Real Estate Board at least 45 days prior to publication of the notice of intended action required under ORS 183.335 (Notice) for the rule.
(b) Consider any recommendations that the board, by majority vote, makes concerning the proposed rule.
(c) Publish as part of the statement of need in the matters any written comments submitted by the board for publication under paragraph (b) of this subsection.
(5) Subsection (4) of this section does not apply to a temporary rule that is adopted, amended or suspended pursuant to ORS 183.335 (Notice) (5). However, the agency shall submit to the board a copy of any proposed temporary rule as soon as practicable and, to the extent possible under the circumstances, consider any recommendations that the board may make by majority vote regarding the temporary rule. [1963 c.580 §48; 1965 c.617 §5; 1981 c.617 §16; 1985 c.565 §116]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information