Real Estate Agency
- • Real Estate Commissioner
- • confirmation, salary and security of commissioner
(1) The Real Estate Agency is established.
(2) The Real Estate Agency shall be under the supervision and control of an administrator who shall be known as the Real Estate Commissioner. The Governor shall appoint the Real Estate Commissioner who shall have been, before the date of appointment, for five years a real estate broker or principal real estate broker actively engaged in business as such in this state. The Governor also may appoint an individual who has been actively connected with the administration of the agency for at least one year as acting or temporary commissioner. The commissioner shall hold office at the pleasure of the Governor and shall be responsible for the performance of the duties imposed upon the agency. The Real Estate Commissioner shall receive such salary as may be provided by law.
(4) Before entering upon the duties of office the commissioner shall give to the state a fidelity bond with one or more corporate sureties authorized to do business in this state, or an irrevocable letter of credit issued by an insured institution, as defined in ORS 706.008 (Additional definitions for Bank Act), in either case in the sum fixed by the Governor. The premium for the bond or the fee for the letter of credit shall be paid by the agency. [1963 c.580 §§40,41; 1974 c.25 §1; 1975 c.746 §25; 1987 c.414 §38; 1991 c.331 §104; 1995 c.674 §1; 1997 c.631 §523; 2001 c.300 §34; 2007 c.319 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information