Advisory Council on Hearing Aids
- • qualifications
- • terms
- • compensation and expenses
(1) There is created within the Oregon Health Licensing Agency the Advisory Council on Hearing Aids. The council shall consist of seven members to be appointed by the Governor.
(2) Members of the council shall be residents of this state. No member of the council shall be a member or employee of the agency.
(3) Membership on the council shall consist of:
(a) One member who is licensed to practice medicine in this state and holds a certificate of qualification from the American Board of Otolaryngology;
(b) One member who holds a clinical certification in audiology with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and is a member in good standing with that association;
(c) Four members who are experienced in the fitting of hearing aids and possess the qualifications provided in ORS 694.055 (Application for license); and
(d) One member who is a consumer of hearing aids and does not possess the professional qualifications of the other members.
(4) The term of office of a member is three years beginning on July 1 of the year of appointment. A member shall continue to serve until a successor has been appointed and qualifies. Before a member’s term expires, the Governor shall appoint a successor to assume the duties of office on July 1 at the expiration of the predecessor’s term. A vacancy in the office of a member shall be filled by appointment for the unexpired term.
(5) Members of the council are entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [1959 c.634 §§16,17,19,20; 1967 c.631 §13; 1969 c.314 §95; 1985 c.227 §17; 1995 c.167 §1; 1999 c.885 §47; 2005 c.648 §100]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.