Powers and duties of Oregon Health Licensing Agency
- • rules
The powers and duties of the Oregon Health Licensing Agency with regard to dealing in hearing aids are as follows:
(2) To determine training and experience requirements prerequisite to taking the examination and to supervise and administer qualifying examinations to test the knowledge and proficiency of applicants for licensure.
(3) To license persons who apply to the agency and who have qualified to deal in hearing aids.
(4) To purchase and maintain or rent audiometric equipment and facilities necessary to carry out the examination of applicants for licensure.
(5) To issue and renew licenses.
(6) To suspend or revoke licenses in the manner provided in ORS chapter 183.
(7) To appoint representatives to conduct or supervise the examination of applicants for licensure.
(8) To designate the time and place for examining applicants for licensure.
(10) With the advice of the Advisory Council on Hearing Aids, to prescribe safety and sanitation requirements, to require the periodic inspection of the audiometric testing equipment and to carry out the periodic inspection of facilities of persons who deal in hearing aids.
(11) To appoint or employ subordinate employees.
(12) To adopt rules specifying exemptions relating to assistive listening devices. [1959 c.634 §23; 1967 c.631 §12; 1985 c.227 §16; 1993 c.133 §9; 1999 c.885 §46; 2005 c.648 §99]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.