(1) "American Dietetic Association" means the national professional organization of dietitians that provides direction and leadership for quality dietetic practice, education and research.
(2) "Board" means the Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians established under ORS 691.485 (Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians).
(3) "Commission on Dietetic Registration" means the commission on dietetic registration that is a member of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Human Services.
(5) "Dietetics practice" means the integration and application of principles derived from the sciences of nutrition, biochemistry, food, management, physiology and behavioral and social sciences to achieve and maintain the health of people through:
(a) Assessing the nutritional needs of clients;
(b) Establishing priorities, goals and objectives that meet nutritional needs of clients;
(c) Advising and assisting individuals or groups on appropriate nutritional intake by integrating information from a nutritional assessment with information on food and other sources of nutrients and meal preparation; and
(d) Evaluating, making changes in and maintaining appropriate standards of quality in food and nutrition services.
(6) "Licensed dietitian" means a dietitian licensed as provided in ORS 691.435 (Licensing requirements). [1989 c.487 §1; 2001 c.900 §216; 2007 c.71 §225]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.