Licensing of body piercing facilities
- • inspections
- • requirements for issuance
- • expiration and renewal
- • exemptions
(1) In addition to any other duties prescribed by law, there is established within the Oregon Health Licensing Agency a licensing program to provide for the licensing of body piercing facilities.
(2) Pursuant to ORS 676.618 (Inspection of facilities), the agency shall conduct periodic inspections of body piercing facilities to determine compliance with safety, infection control and sterilization requirements.
(3) The agency shall issue a body piercing facility license to any person who:
(a) Files an application in the form and manner prescribed by the agency;
(b) Pays the application and license fees prescribed by the agency;
(c) Demonstrates compliance with all safety, infection control and sterilization requirements adopted by the agency by rule; and
(d) Complies with all other requirements established by the agency.
(4) A license issued under this section expires annually and may be renewed upon application to the agency, payment of the renewal fee established pursuant to ORS 690.550 (Fees) and compliance with ORS 690.500 (Definitions for ORS 690.500 to 690.550) to 690.550 (Fees) and rules adopted by the agency pursuant to ORS 690.500 (Definitions for ORS 690.500 to 690.550) to 690.550 (Fees).
(5) The body piercing facility license shall be posted in a conspicuous place on the premises of the facility.
(6) The agency may issue a single facility license to an applicant pursuant to ORS 676.617 (Single facility license). [1995 c.562 §3; 1999 c.885 §53; 2003 c.547 §68; 2005 c.648 §83]
Note: See note under 690.500 (Definitions for ORS 690.500 to 690.550).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information