When license required
- • qualifications for licensure
- • renewal
- • supervision required
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to perform the duties of a pharmacy technician or use the title of pharmacy technician unless licensed to do so under the provisions of this chapter.
(2) To be licensed to perform the duties of a pharmacy technician, a person shall:
(a) Submit a license application in the manner prescribed by the State Board of Pharmacy; and
(b) Pay the license fee established by the board.
(3) The license application prescribed by the board shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) The name and address of the applicant;
(b) The educational qualifications of the applicant;
(c) The work history of the applicant; and
(d) The applicant’s criminal offender record of any conviction or of any arrest less than one year old on which there has been no acquittal or dismissal.
(4) A license under this section expires annually. To renew a license to perform the duties of a pharmacy technician, a person shall:
(a) Submit the application for renewal of a license in the form prescribed by the board;
(b) Pay the license renewal fee established by the board;
(c) Pay the fee for delinquent license renewal, if applicable;
(d) Provide updated information regarding educational qualifications, work history and criminal arrest and conviction history; and
(e) Comply with all other requirements for license renewal established by the board.
(5) No person may employ an individual to perform the duties of a pharmacy technician unless the individual is licensed to perform the duties of a pharmacy technician under this chapter.
(6) A person licensed to perform the duties of a pharmacy technician may perform the duties of a pharmacy technician only under the supervision, direction and control of a licensed pharmacist. [1997 c.729 §6; 2001 c.595 §2; 2005 c.313 §7]
Note: Section 14, chapter 313, Oregon Laws 2005, provides:
Sec. 14. A person registered as a pharmacy technician under ORS 689.486 (When license required) on the effective date of this 2005 Act [June 28, 2005] shall be considered to be licensed as a pharmacy technician in accordance with the amendments to ORS 689.486 (When license required) and 689.490 (Board to establish licensing system) by sections 7 and 8 of this 2005 Act. [2005 c.313 §14]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information